CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WWII Letter


Amberley Stalion, Australia
Jan. 26, 1941


Dear Family,

When you recieve this letter, I'll be already gone on a secret mission. We are leaving tomorrow morning on a secret mission. I hope I could able to bring my ship so I can help in saving the lives of my friends. As you know, the weather is good but we have barely any food here which means that the ration here is low. Don't worry and don't forget that I'm trying to make a success of myself and never give up easily.

You know what? I thought I knew something about airplanes before, but when I came here, I figured out that I didn't know anything about airplanes. My chief has taught me plenty on airplanes and ships. I have my own ship - it's really beautiful. My name is painted on the left side and the color is really nice.

There are things I have seen here that I will never forget as long as I live.I was wounded my right foot, but I'm ok right now. When the Nazi's bomb hit the ground about 20ft away from me, I was scared that I never sweated so much in my life. I was well protected because I was on the boat. I don't want to experience that kind of situation ever again; however, since it is a war, I have to face more similar situations.

Don't worry, I'm perfectly fine and healthy. I will write again soon. I really miss all of you and want to be back at home.

Sincerely,
George L. Chapin
Image from: http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/speicalrpts/shipbuilding/photos/johmbrown_070404.jpg

0 comments: